Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Short Reviews Batch 5

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews
Originally Posted to GoodReads: 4-20-21


Second Read-Through... I think.

Anyway, I had honestly forgotten everything in this book. Like, the last two I had vague remembrances of, but this one... nothing.

That said, I enjoyed it a lot. The pacing was pretty good, the characters were 100% themselves, and I even enjoyed the romance bits I normally roll my eyes at. Speaking of which: it’s so nice to have the “will they, won’t they” bullshit out of the way this early in a series. So refreshing. Kate and Curran are definitely up there on my completely biased and made up list of series power couples.

 

High Wizardry (Young Wizards #3)

High Wizardry by Diane Duane
Originally Posted to GoodReads: 4-23-18


Not sure quite what to say about this one... I really loved the Mobiles and Dairine's journey and even the reveals at the end. The story zips along for the most part, I think the only halts were mine... but yeah. Good read. Interesting Ordeal. Interesting reveals. The poor Callahan adults though... 



Promises to Keep

Promises to Keep by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Originally Posted to GoodReads: 4-30-14

Yet another awesome addition to the Nyeusigrube library. Everything changes with this book and the stakes have never been higher. I enjoyed getting to know new characters, the cameos from some older ones, and the general expansion of the Nyeusigrube universe. I'd write more, but my first read was kind of a blur wrapped in some babysitting.


In Other News

I'm taking a short break from reading Collegium Chronicles to read a bunch of InCryptid short stories. Just FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment