Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunstone: Volume 5-7 by Stjepan Šejić

Sunstone, Vol. 5

Volume 5

Well, this one is the “end” of Lisa and Ally’s story-arc. It’s very satisfying. “Our story” had me in tears, not gonna lie. Fuckin-A. I wasn’t expecting to be in tears, given I’ve read this before, but man… “Our Story” is just awesome.

I feel like Lisa’s plan to write her feelings to Ally was a good idea, just definitely flawed in the execution. After all, it took Anne explaining to Ally about the texty subtext for Ally to get it. And that was only because Lisa explained it to Anne during that apology.

But yeah, Volume 5 was really good. I love the story and the art.

Sunstone Volume 6

Volume 6: Mercy: Part One

I really do love Ally and Alan. Their relationship is just so fun from the get-go. Anne… like, I like Anne, but I don’t find her story as relatable or nearly as fun as Ally and Alan’s. Probably the more vanilla nature of her relationship… probably. I did originally get into this series for the BDSM of it all, after all.



Sunstone, Vol. 7
Volume 7: Mercy: Part Two

So… I think my issue with Anne’s side of this story is the impermanence of it, actually. Like, I think I’m having trouble getting invested in Anne and Laura because I know they don’t work out and, ya know, why that is. So… yeah. I’m still invested in the overall story, but I have zero investment in Anne and Laura as a couple.

Still also enjoying the Ally and Alan shenanigans, of course



Thus ends my Sunstone reread. Next month, Sunstone: Volume 8: Mercy: Part Three comes out and I am not one of Mr. Šejić's Patrons on Patreon so I've read only a little bit past here... which means most of Volume 8 is going to be entirely new to me. Really looking forward to it. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment