Friday, June 28, 2024

The Bookshop and the Barbarian by Morgan Stang

The Bookshop and the Barbarian

Indeed, a cozy fantasy novel. Not exactly my speed, but good as a palate cleanser, as it apparently was for the author.

I rather enjoyed the world-building. Enough to give us a taste of the world and piece together the rest in our imaginations. I personally envisioned Leafhaven as a little English village… kind of like the one from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. And yes, I know that’s set in France. It’s what I imagined. The bookshop is largely the same way, which is just delightful.

I really don’t have much else to say about The Bookshop and the Barbarian. It was cute. It was picturesque. The stakes were never very high. All very chill.

In Other News

I finished an OviPets project! Archelomon, modeled after the Digimon of the same name. Archelomon took approximately 11 months. I designed the face and fore flipper tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment