Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Senlin Ascends by Josiah Bancroft

Senlin Ascends (The Books of Babel, #1) My first DNF of the year. I was just not into Senlin Ascends. I found too much of the story just straight-up confusing and I really didn't care about any of the characters. The setting was kind of interesting... The Market reminded me a lot of Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. The Parlor was my idea of Hell, to be completely honest. That's really where the first bout of confusion set in, too, so it didn't help. The Baths were meh. I kind of liked the heist that Senlin had to pull off, but, again, didn't really care about the characters so... yeah. Got to New Babel and several chapters into Senlin's plan an preparations before I decided to call it quits. Just felt like banging my head against a wall.

The concept: great. Execution: not to much, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment