Tuesday, October 1, 2024

All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes - Reread

All Just Glass (Den of Shadows, #7)

This is a short, mostly spoiler-free reread review. You can, and honestly probably should, read my last reread review of All Just Glass as it will inform on this one. You can find that HERE.

This time around, I really don't feel as annoyed at the sudden influx of characters. There are still a lot of them in play at any one moment, but it doesn't feel as overwhelming. I also feel like I paid more attention this time, despite reading it in about 24 hrs. Dominique's past was a bit more fleshed out than I thought originally, but it's still only completely revealed in the Epilogue, so it does feel somewhat tacked on.

I liked the whole bit where Nikolas took Sarah hunting for the first time. It was really well done and well explained. Other than this, I feel like Sarah's part of the story took more of a backseat to her "siblings," which I think annoyed me on the last reads. After all, Shattered Mirror was so focused on Sarah. It felt like All Just Glass should have, as well, but I see how that would have not worked as well.

I actually like Zachary a bit more, this time. His motivations make more sense to me, though they really do hammer home how much therapy these Hunters need. Zachary's story was another big nail in the coffin of the "Vida Perfection" thing all the Vidas cling to and ultimately don't hold to.

Favorite Lines

"And you've never said anything in a moment of anger that you couldn't follow through with?" - Kristopher Ravena

"The one thing I know for certain is that after you are gone, you lost any power to decide what other people do. Will they kill for you? Will they die for you? Will they fight to avenge you? That is never your choice." - Nikolas Ravena


No comments:

Post a Comment