Wednesday, June 12, 2024

The Hanging City by Charlie N. Holmberg

The Hanging City

So… I’m not a fan of The Hanging City. I didn’t find Lark an engaging character. I thought the story meandered more than in didn’t. I feel like the whole thing with Lark’s father going to war with the trollis was random and an excuse to have some sort of climactic battle that didn’t feel earned. Aaand the romance was whatever.

If the humans have abandoned the city on the other side of the bridge from Cagmar, why don’t the trollis take that over? Plenty of space, apparently. Or send some of those humans they hate to live there? This felt like a very dropped thing.

The only thing I really liked about The Hanging City was the world-building, at least concerning the trollis side of Cagmar. The rest just felt underdeveloped. Humans are cosigned to the lowest roles and a part of the city Lark barely goes into.

I dunno, The Hanging City just felt like a whatever romance in a fantasy-ish setting. Not my cup of tea. Oh, and it did that thing with the petered off ending that pissed me off with Divergent. So that’s fun. Not. 

In Other News

I finished another OviPets Project! These are my "Winged Wolves," a Chiropy project. They took approximately 10 months to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment